Written for Coven Life
By Priestess Hypatia
Creating seasonal charms is one of my favorite types of spell work. You can generally make them from things you may already have on hand, or easily pick up at your local craft and nursery stores. The best ingredients are from my random collectables I have gathered from Nature Herself.
Spells crafted at this time of the year focus new beginnings, fresh starts and new growth. Think of it as the New Moon Phase. Ostara is like the waxing moon where you take action and Beltane is the time you see the manifestation, so you can compare this to the Full moon phase.
Set Your Intention
So before we start crafting the Charm bag for Imbolc let’s set our intention-
You can either choose a specific project or goal you want to manifest or you can focus on general new beginnings. For a specific goal, I would recommend adding at least one or two elements to these ingredients to give the spell focus.
- Small piece of clear quartz, preferably charged at the new moon
- Pine needles- purification
- Cinnamon sticks- power
- Nettles- strength in overcoming obstacles
- Daffodil petals- fertility
- Dandelion puffs – making wishes come true
- White muslin or sheer sachet to place the ingredients in
- Light a couple of white candles, or one of your favorite scented candles
- Take the pine needles in your hands and rub them to release the scent. Sprinkle the pine needles in the bag and say: “I cleanse and bless this spell, home and hearth”. I also like to put a couple of drops of fir pine essential oil in.
- Place the cinnamon stick and quartz in bag and say: “To lend power to this spell”.
- Place the daffodil petals in the bag and say: “To create a fresh start and a fertile beginning”
- Sprinkle the Nettles and say: “ This is to overcome obstacles on my path to realization of manifesting my intentions”
- Now tie the bag and place somewhere such as your lingerie drawer or our car glove compartment.
The above ingredients is just a sample of the endless possibilities that are accessible to you. It depends on your intentions. Rose quarts for love and friendship, Ginger root for fire and power, violet for protection, you get the gist. Remember to research your ingredients and understand that their energy represents your intention needed.